Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our first trip to the E.R.

Monday morning, 2a.m., our little clan was fast asleep, all three tucked into our queen size bed. I was nursing William, he on the outside when thud. One fell off and broke his leg. I called the doctor and the doctor said "no more monkey's jumpin on the bed". Nope, she said take him to the E.R. for x-rays. It was really traumatic for all of us. William crying in pain and not moving his leg, me crying thinking I'm the worst mom in the world, and Erik thinking the hospital is going to call social services on us.
William was a real tough guy. Smiling for the doctors like usual. He just has a buckle fracture on his tibia. It should heal in just about a week or two. We go to see the orthopedic pediatrician next week and they decide if he needs a hard cast. The E.R. doctors seem very optimistic that he won't. Our prayer is that he won't. A hard cast means 6 more weeks of an immobile William. Sad!
Just days before all of this he had finally figured out how to pull himself up on things and "cruise" from the table to the couch, to his toys. Hopefully he will be as good as new sooner than later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deidra said...

Oh friend my computer is out of commission just read about your boy. Iwill call u tomrrow. You r not a bad mom accidents happen so sorry friend

January 2, 2009 at 12:00 AM  
Blogger Moore Family said...

I remember the first time one of my kids fell off the bed...I felt horrible. The point is it happens to everyone. So sorry this happened to your little guy!

January 2, 2009 at 10:29 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

The "Moore Family" is right...first time Alex ever rolled over he was on my bed! Thump...right onto the floor!! I know the feeling of feeling like the worst mom in the world!! Your William is a tough little nut...he'll be just fine! And, unfortunately it was your first trip to the ER, but probably not your last! Welcome to the club... Love & miss you...hope to see you all soon...cast and all!

January 10, 2009 at 7:12 PM  
Blogger Molly Betsy @ Star Cottage said...

Hey Girl, I jut read this post. So sorry that happened to you guys. Poor William. Just wanted to add our name to the list. Both my girls have fallen off the bed, When I brought Eden to the doctors I was crying cause I felt like a terrible mother and my doctor proceded to tell me that her addopted son fell down the stairs shortly after bringin him home. So that made me feel a lot better, Knowing I wasn't the only one. Accidents happen. You are an awesome Mommy!

January 12, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home