Saturday, May 5, 2007

First Attempt



This past fall was my first try at gardening. I was told that planting bulbs was the easiest thing you could do. Dad came over on a beautiful day in September, we read the directions on the box of tulips and hyacinths and began to dig. Dad did one side of the fence, while I did the other and we met in the middle. Not too hard of a job I thought and all winter long I kept my fingers crossed in anticipation. They started to peek their little heads out about a month ago, and this is how they look today.

Beautiful...I know. Although the side that I planted didn't do so well. The last picture is my end. Only weeds and debris. Dad says maybe there were chemicals spilled over there or something. I think he's just trying to make me feel better. Oh well, I still love looking outside at my beautiful little garden.

1 Comments:

Blogger Griffen said...

So Meredith, I found your blog 'cause I'm super sneaky, and now I'm waiting for a new post!!!
See you Thursday! -Sandy

May 14, 2007 at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home